(1) One 4'x8' drywall panel, 1/2" thick - Home Depot, Lowes
(1) One roll of foil tape* - Home Depot, Lowes
Aluminum foil, enough to patch wide panels. * Can be substituted for extra foil tape, expect to use one roll plus some.
(3) Three porcelain lamp holder/ceiling sockets (don't get plastic) - Home Depot, Lowes
One 6' long, 16 gauge extension cord - Home Depot, Lowes
My ideal light setup for fast heat yet stable temperature.
(2) Two 250 watt heat lamp bulbs - Home Depot, Lowes
(1) One 150 watt incandescent bulb - Home Depot, Lowes
Optional - Switch
(1) One light switch - Home Depot, Lowes
(1) One electrical box (pretty much any box works) - Home Depot, Lowes
(1) One light switch cover - Home Depot, Lowes
Total price for box (with switch)
Home Depot = $47.11, Lowes = $41.20
I managed to build one box from second-hand hardware store and garage sale parts for under $20. Like anything else, you end up trading time for money, but it can be done pretty cheaply.
|Layout for 4'x8' drywall panel. Measurements are in inches.|
|Layout for the holes on box cover. Measurements in inches.|
|Layout for the light panel, in inches.|